This course will introduce you to the General Data Protection Regulation, and by extension the Data Protection Act 2018, outlining what this law is and why it matters to HR professionals as well as the companies they work for. Hear from a leading dual practitioner in HR and Data Protection on the following topics:
1. What is the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)?
2. Why has the law changed, and why does it matter to individuals, companies, and HR professionals.
3. What are the key definitions in the legislation, and how does this impact businesses in general, and HR in particular?
4. How and where you should look to implement changes within your day to day activities
5. Test your knowledge with quizzes throughout the course, and an end of course assessment.
This course has been certified by the UK CPD Certification Service, and so the time spent will be counted towards your continuing professional development - all delegates who pass the end of course assessment will receive a CPD Certificate as evidence of their learning.
Click on the FREE PREVIEW of the course introduction below to see what you will learn by enrolling in this course.
Kim has a professional interim career consulting to a broad cross-sector of industries, including banking, logistics and supply chain, retail, tech start-ups, CROs, charities and manufacturing.Her experience in HR and data protection consultancy covers 20 years, and 3 continents, including several years in Australia covering the AsiaPac region. She specialises in translating complex legislation into practical operational context. Kim guides business owners towards understanding their legal obligations as employers and caretakers of personal data, ensuring companies and their employees thrive on essential compliance rather than being hindered by it.Her training and advice covers best practice, strategy planning, change management and practical implementation in all elements of people management and GDPR compliance. She is an accredited HR and GDPR practitioner.