What will I learn in this course?
This short "how to" course provides a practical guide on introducing statistical tests into a people analytics project and provides a step-by-step guide on working through the following steps:
1. Framing the business question for your project
2. Collecting the relevant dataset and preparing it for analysis
3. Answering the business question using statistical tests
5. Understanding statistical significance by using a T-Test in Excel
5. When to use Excel and how to use R for a multiple linear regression model
6. Making recommendations on the outcome of your analysis to your stakeholders
The objective of this course is to provide you with some practical insights on how to think through the critical steps of a people analytics project and to use statistical tests in both Excel and R to answer the hypothetical business question that you are faced with. As part of this course, you are provided with an Excel dataset and a R script that you can use as you follow along with the instructions in the videos. On completing this course, you will have a better understanding of how to get started with using statistics in your people analytics projects, and on how to move from Excel to using R for a multiple linear regression model.
Click on the FREE PREVIEW of the course introduction below to see what you will learn by enrolling in this course.
Ben Teusch is a people analytics practitioner, with experience working in people analytics departments for large companies in the technology and financial industries. He loves using data to improve the way people experience work, manage others at work, and get work done. Ben holds degrees in mathematics, economics, & industrial and labour relations.